Start the New Year with Well-Being: Healthy Food and Sporting Activity
The start of a new year is often accompanied by a series of good intentions, and among the most common is the desire to improve psychophysical well-being. A winning strategy for achieving this goal is to combine a balanced diet with appropriate sporting activity.
To work on these two aspects effectively, we decided to involve PureGym and met with Angel London's gym managers, Samantha and Rachael, and with them we developed a programme of engaging events at our Egro'.
The first one will be next 2 February.
Where should we start our list of resolutions?
Healthy Food: Feed Your Body, Feed Your Mind
The old proverb 'you are what you eat' emphasises the importance of a balanced diet for overall well-being. Start your year with an awareness of what you put on your plate. Opt for fresh, nutrient-rich foods that are free of excessive sugar and saturated fat. Include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins to ensure a complete nutritional intake.
Also, don't forget some basic tips:
- Adequate Hydration: Drink enough water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated and support vital functions.
- Moderate Portioning: Control portion sizes to avoid overweight and promote a healthy metabolism.
- Colours and Variety: Eat a variety of colourful foods to ensure you get a wide range of nutrients and antioxidants.
And on the impact of colours also at the table, we worked on another event, this time in collaboration with WOW and its Personal Purpose experts. Find details in the event on 24 February.
Sports Activity: Energy in Motion
Alongside a healthy diet, physical activity is a crucial element of mental and physical well-being. Find an activity that you are passionate about and that fits into your lifestyle. It could be a daily walk, a yoga session, a light jog or joining a sports team.
On 2 February, we will find out with each of you, what the ideal physical activity is.
Some tips for integrating physical activity into your routine:
- Gradual Progression: Start with light activities and gradually increase the intensity to avoid injuries and promote endurance.
- Variety: Alternate between different activities to involve various muscle groups and prevent boredom.
- Sustainable Routine: Choose an activity that you enjoy, making it easier to maintain as part of your daily life.
Combining Food and Physical Activity: A Winning Combination
Combine your healthy eating with physical activity to maximise the benefits. Eat balanced meals before and after exercise to provide your body with the energy it needs. For example, a meal rich in complex carbohydrates and lean protein before training can improve performance, while a post-workout meal helps with muscle repair.
Start the new year on the right foot by embracing a lifestyle that combines the nourishment of the body and the energy of movement. Remember that the key to success is consistency and enjoyment in pursuing a healthy lifestyle. May your 2024 be full of health, vitality and satisfaction!